Terms and Conditions for Video Uploads
Agreement Governing this Site
Effective Date: The Terms and Conditions were last updated on April 20, 2020.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully, they may have changed since your last visit to this website. The following are the Terms and Conditions for uploading videos to our website and app and all linked pages (“the Site”) and the use of this service. By uploading a video file to Urban Now TV, you agree to accept the Terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- You can upload video content you have created or have permission to upload (“Content”) by submitting through our web form. Urban Now TV is not liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost, inconsistent or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit Content being uploaded.
- By uploading video content you confirm that it is your own work or that you have permission to upload such content and agree to abide by these terms.
- We may use any Content you upload, but we do not promise to. Urban Now TV does not guarantee that your content will be published on our platform and reserves the right to publish or deny any content uploaded.
- If you are under 18 years of age, then by uploading Content you confirm that you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
- You undertake that prior to uploading any Content to our Website you will get permission, including any assignments, waivers, licenses, rights, consents, and permissions (Permissions) in respect of anyone else’s rights in or to the Content (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, moral rights, performance rights (which include any music used in your video) rights to privacy, image rights and publicity rights), which give you (and us, relying on your agreement to these terms and conditions) the right to immediately use, publish, reproduce, distribute, produce derivative works of, edit, perform, display and broadcast the uploaded Content in any media formats and through any media channels without liability to any third party. Urban Now TV reserves the right to require proof that necessary Permissions have been given and you agree, on request to provide written evidence of those Permissions (including parental consent if necessary) and perform such acts as Urban Now TV may reasonably require for the purpose of giving full effect to this agreement.
- You agree that you will not upload any Content which is illegal, defamatory, obscene, incites prejudice or hatred or which it is unlawful for you to possess in the country in which you are resident, or which it would be unlawful for us to use or to hold.
- You warrant (promise) that you are legally entitled to post the material in question and to grant to us the license referred to in paragraph 8 below.
- When you upload or post Content to our website, you:
- grant to us, an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license (with right to sub-license) to use, publish, reproduce, distribute, produce derivative works of, display, broadcast and perform the Content in part or as a whole, in any media formats and through any media channels; and
- waive all moral rights in the Content
- You warrant that any Content uploaded by you shall fully comply with these terms and conditions, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will take the place of Urban Now TV, if Urban Now TV would otherwise suffer or might suffer any loss or damage as a result of you uploading your video other than in accordance with these terms and conditions. If you are in any doubt about your Content or whether or not (being under 18 years) you have your parent’s or guardian’s permission, then you should not upload it.
- We shall be entitled to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any Content uploaded by you infringes their rights.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland with regard to choice or law or conflict of law provisions.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Uploading material to our site
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Contributions must: be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in Ireland and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in these terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Information about Us
Urban Culture Media Group is a limited liability company registered in Detroit, Michigan that owns and operates the www.UrbanNow.TV website. You may contact us directly if you have any questions regarding the content and material on the Site or if you have any questions about our Terms and Conditions. Please contact us by email at email@example.com.